Thursday, May 21, 2009

Schulz Family Foundation Fundraiser

Spent a couple of days in the sun of Santa Rosa helping to raise funds for charity. The golf tournament was a great turnout with the likes of actor/surfer Gregory Harrison (my personal favorite), Cheryl Ladd, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Greg Itzin, Jim Plunkett, Dwight Clark, Jerry Rice, Jim Harbough, Tommy Smothers, Cheech Marin, among others who turned out to raise funds for Sonoma Children's Charities. I look forward to getting in the water soon with Greg Harrison, who can surf. I may have had a little too much fun at the Schulz event at Mayacama Country Club. The body is feeling the effects of too much activity (a little putting and chipping, and maybe a couple of swings I shouldn't have taken).

Today I spent the morning in the acupuncture studio. Hide Minami of the Holistic Health Center is the man. Hide also is a Mavericks regular. I have seen Hide over the years and results are second to none. After examination again he asked how much coffee I drink as it relates to the tight tendons and muscles. He told me if I quit I may cut my recovery time by one third. Out with the coffee!! He said my liver is healthier than the last time I was seen, that is a direct effect of quitting drinking. He also gave me Milk Thistle to strengthen my liver because I am still on some pain meds.
I have been given my recovery orders and am going to stick to them.

Off to the city for PT with Lance Harriman in the morning.

The surf is good today, but I am not going to think about it.

thanks,jeff
ps: Hi Greg

2 comments:

  1. no coffee? dude.....i don't think i could hang with that. glad things are going better. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff,
    Tennis ace Jimmy Connors just won a 4 day tournament here in Santa Barbara last week. His hips were replaced 3 years ago. He shot in the low 70's. I'll be joining you for hip help someday. My 53 year old hips are roughed up from too much fun.
    Keep up the good PT. Mike

    ReplyDelete