Sunday, May 31, 2009

Distractions........I can do more

Sorry for my lagging on the posting. I have just been getting more active each day, which I do push a little, so when I get some dinner and start to chill, I am wiped out. Then it is off to the races again the next morning.
My son Kevin was here at the house doing some work for us. When he finished he said,"it is time for your work out." We went through his warm up that he does with all his clients (he was recently certified as a personal trainer) before he starts a work out with them. We finished the warm up and moved into the garage where I have a Total Gym, a Pull Up/Dip/Push Up/Knee Raiser tower. Next to that is a spin cycle. His style of training is Cross Fit, which uses more reps than bulk. It also utilizes your own body weight during the drills. The Total Gym is what I used to rehab my back fusion 7yrs ago. It is doing well. There is so much you can do on the Total Gym with such ease, it is my favorite as far as equipment goes. We are really working on the core strength to stabilize the back and the legs, relieving fatigue and stress.
I have noticed over the last week that my right leg is coming along well. I can put socks and shoes on that foot by myself. If the flexibility continues at the rate that I am going, I may hit my full range of motion in 3 months no problem.
I can say that I am seeing the direct results from the training that I am doing. The body will respond faster than you think, it is up to you to give it a chance. Go For It....you wont be disappointed. - jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment